Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Our new friends/neighbors

We were very lucky to discover our new neighbors about three days ago! They are a very nice German family that just moved here as well. They are two doors down from us. Ralph and Anja...They have three kids...Greta 8, Merle 5 and Valentine 10 (see photos below). The girls do not speak any English but it has been amazing to see that friendship and play has no language restrictions. Ralph is a heart surgeon at the local hospital.
Greta was trying to tell me something yesterday evening, I could not for the life of me figure it out. I asked her to show me. The next thing I know she found an etch-a-sketch and brought it to me. I was so delighted as to how clever she was!! As you can tell from the photo, she wants Jake, Jett, Greta and Merle to go over to her house together to play.
These are the moments when I realize what a great experience this will be for the children! To experience friendships from across the globe.

I am so happy to have met a mom to talk to! Expats are just starting to come back to Abu Dhabi, so until school starts I have to rely on the neighborhood and the pool! It gives me great comfort to know I have a friend to count on!!!

3 comments:

jill said...

Hey - I enjoyed reading about your summer and the move. I am glad to see that you are settling in to the new home place. What a great experience you are beginning! I hope all is well with the boys and you. We are doing great - too short of a summer though. do you still have an email? I would like to write to you without it being published to everyone. I miss you!!! Jill

Val said...

Jennifer, keep up the blog! Since traveling is a long lost dream of mine now, I LOVE reading about your new adventure!!

Randolph Coleson said...

They've been good friends, for sure, ever since they moved into the new neighborhood. Just gotta love how adorable Greta is, with her sketch just to tell you that she'd like to play with the kids. A neighborhood with residents from around the world sounds fun!