Friday, August 8, 2008

New Arabian Family Members

My spell check is not working, please excuse any errors I missed!

Please meet the newest members of our family in Abu Dhabi, a pair of teddy bear hamsters. Names (bestowed by happy new owners) are Lightning McQueen and Scooby!

Alright, I know some of you are thinking..what is she thinking, pet hamsters? Well, call be naustalgic, but one of the great memories I have when my parents moved us to Canada from Tennessee is my sister and I purchasing new (easy) pets to keep us entertained until school started and we made friends.

So far the minor investment has been well worth it. With having to spend much of our time indoors these pets have given the boys (especially Jake) a project. They love holding them, playing with them and watching them. It gives Mike and I great joy to see them so happy, we both have wonderful small pet memories from childhood. This is just one of those things I felt we should do to help with this major transition. The boys have really taken it so well, barely mentioning missing their friends and home in the states. They really deserve a pet to love!

Jake took this photo...notice Mike has no forehead.
Getting them out to play.

This is what I look like while I am blogging or e-mailing, pretty exciting stuff, hey??



No comments: