Monday, August 25, 2008

Everything Comes In Threes


About two weeks ago Jett woke up with a very oddly swollen finger. I had never seen anything like it and I was afraid he was bitten by some odd Arab creature. Well, that was our first doctor’s visit. This injury just required topical medicine and band aids.

The next day, as we were headed into the mall Jett ran ahead to go through the automatic sliding double doors that take you from the parking garage to the escalators. Well he was going a little too fast and didn’t realize the doors were not completely open and BANG, there goes injury number two for Jett. Luckily this was just a bump and did not need medical attention.

Yesterday, as I was sitting at Jake’s school playground letting the boys play before we went home, I was discussing with my friend Dana how both her sons had broken bones on this very same playground my boys were playing on. The ground is astro-turf, which does not create a very cushy landing. Next thing I know Jett falls from monkey bars that he was attempting to cross. Now everyone that knows Jett, knows he falls, and after most falls comes the “I’m okay” response..Jett.. Mr. Happy Go Lucky. Well, there was no happy response after this fall, and the tears lasted quite a while. I know Jett’s cries and could tell this hurt bad. Well, off I went to the ER, calling Mike on the way to meet me there. One of the best things about Mike not having to operate a park (yet) here is that he can leave at a moment’s notice without worry of what will happen without him there.

Number three, not a brake THANK GOODNESS but a severe sprain that warranted a splint for at least a week. I have never seen Jett in so much pain, he didn’t sleep well last night and aches at any move his leg makes. So it was a rough night BUT, you have to take the good with the bad, as JAKE WALKED RIGHT INTO SCHOOL this morning, without even a whimper!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have been really busy!!! Hope things start slowing down a little bit. Hope Jett is feeling better soon and I am glad Jake is liking school more.