Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Visiting Friends

Yesterday I visited my best friend from college, Gina. She was the maid of honor at my wedding and we have stayed in touch off and on through the years. I had the great joy of meeting her 9-month old son, Dylan, what a cutie! I also met Gina's husband Anthony for the first time. While catching up and talking about old times Anthony and I realized that in one point of our lives we both lived in the same city. We then realized we went to the same school at the same time in the same grade!!!! The most amazing thing was that Anthony still had his yearbook and pulled it right out from the garage!! It was so much fun to look at the old photos. Anthony and I did not know each other but we knew some of the same people. I thought Birmingham was a small town but it is amazing that in a big area like Los Angeles you can still share a history with a complete stranger!

I'm not sure if you can see the photos that well (nor do I want you to), as this was probably the worst bad hair year of my life. If you can see the photo of me (right hand side, bottom row, striped shirt) you will finally understand why I now get my hair chemically straightened!! Anthony's photo is on the left side, top row, six photos over. Oh the joys of the early 90's and pre-puberty adolescents!!
Gina was as fun and sweet as she always has been and it was very clear that her little man Dylan had the same wonderful personality! It was great to catch up with Gina, her mom and Anthony, I love seeing old friends and seeing where they are in life. It is great to see such a happy, nice and lovely family!




No comments: