Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Enjoying California

Over the last week we have been enjoying all the attractions Southern California has to offer. We spent a lot of time at my sister's house in Tustin Ranch (see below), she lives about 20 minutes inland from my parent's house.
The boys love to skate board down her driveway (it makes me crazy nervous) but I let them do it a few times..they love it so much, they are natural skaters!!


Above, the kids are taking a break from roller blading, doesn't Layney look thrilled!! Poor thing, she gets tired of being the only girl..she is so sweet!

Below, I took the kids to the Discovery Science Center.


The boys favorite..the beach!!


This weekend we went to the Balboa Pier Fun Zone. Jett the daredevil (like Mike) jumped on this bungee trampoline...Jake and I waited on the sidelines!!

He is directing the workers that he wants to go UP!

We did Disney's California Adventure on Sunday. Jett LOVED it and didn't want to leave. Jake was less impressed and thinks Alabama Adventure is better.



Overall, a great week. However the boys and I miss Mike tremendously. We are counting the days until he gets back (only 5 more). We also miss our home and friends in Alabama. It is hard to not live in a home of your own and to be a long-term visitor!
I especially miss my friend Rachel!!! It is hard to not talk to your best friend everyday (several times a day). Especially when you don't get to speak to your husband often. I miss dinners at her house, late night talks with wine on the porch and mostly just walking down the street to see her!!

No comments: