Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Busy Weekend

This Friday evening was the big dinner/dance social gala for Jake's school, ACS.  
My friend Nicole and I (pictured below) have been working hard on the Gala Committee over the last two months.   We offered to coordinate "Art Projects" which seemed like an easy enough task!!  Little did we know how much work went into getting all of the Elementary classes to choose and make an art project that would be auctioned off at this event!!  We also didn't realize how much work it would be, as Homeroom moms, to make the projects for our own children's classes!!  But, with all that said, every class did a marvelous job and we were very proud of our own classes work as well!

Nicole and I "working" check in.
Nicole, myself and Elizabeth.  By the way, I met Nicole on the first day of school, her daughter Isabelle just started Grade 1 at ACS as well.  We hit it off right away, as we had an instant connection..her brother lives in the same city and neighborhood as my sister in Tustin, California..CRAZY!
Jake's class art project.  A toy box with Camel hand-prints from all the children.  Thankfully someone wanted it and bought it!!!
The Red Bull Air Races took place this weekend as well, Mike took the boys while I recovered from a late night!  The races took place along the water on the gulf.  The boys watch from the water.

No comments: