Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In Africa

We are here, eight hours seems like a breeze compared to the flight to AD with kids. As I am typing in the hotel lobby I was just looking at some odd bug, a cross between a black ant and fly that came across a magazine. When we came out of the airport last night the first thing I noticed was the smell of Durban, South Africa..burnt rubber, trees, wet concrete...Jett said it smelled like garbage but I smelt a refreshing breeze of a new land that we had only dreamed of coming to long before the kids were born. Our adventure here is just beginning..so far the trees, greenery and ocean alone give me a feeling of peace and tranquility and yet the large mall we ventured out to today gave me a feeling very close to home. More to come...

1 comment:

Val said...

I can NOT believe you are in Africa!!!! It is my dream to be there..."I once had a farm in Africa....". That movie has always been an all time favorite. Can't wait to hear more!