Monday, September 1, 2008

When in Need Have it Delivered

This is not the most exciting story but one I have to write about. I tend to think of many things I want to write but run out of time to get my ideas on this blog!

Well, this evening Mike is meeting with a collegue that just arrived into town. Jett is in bed (finally walking with a limp) and I just got Jake down.

I realized one of the boys left a nice clogged surprise in my bathroom toilet. I think...we have no plunger...I remember...the corner store down the street delivers and has a vast array of products. I call, they figure out who I am, as we have had a couple deliveries before and stop by often. I try to describe what I need, I know he understands the word toilet, but not much else, I expect him to bring a cleaner or something of the sorts. Well, he arrives, with toilet paper in hand. Not to worry, we can now speak in person!

The way of communication depends on sign language around here, when I show and tell him what I need, he gets it, he says he'll be back in ten minutes. Why ten minutes? Because he is going to go down to the big grocery store to buy one and then deliver it to me!! What service!! I love being in a big city!! What will he expect for payment for his delivery services? Five dirhams...about $1.50 in US dollars (but I'll give him ten)!

Mike leaves on Saturday evening for California...meetings with Warner Bros. in Burbank, the boys and I will be going it alone, except for that is...our corner store with FREE delivery!!

I might have to run out of something every night..just for kicks!!

No comments: