Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Neighborhood

To give you an idea of our neighborhood, below are some photos of what I look at as I come home every day. The first shot is of Al Mashoor Foodstuff, this is at the end of our street and where my favorite delivery man Rakeem works (I now have his personal cell phone number). To the left is my dry cleaners. Both places know who I am based on my name..Jennifer, that is all I have to say when I call or walk in to pick up clothes, I guess there are no other Jennifer's around!!

Below is the closest Mosque to our home, it is right behind food stuff.
This is out my door to the right. There is a very large home for a local family, they have one of the nicest Ramadan tents I have seen. It boasts three A/C's, a door, three big screen tv's, and a servants trailer, crazy!! All of the local men show up around 7pm to eat, watch TV and read the paper together..ohh, and smoke "hubbly, bubbly" fruit flavored tobacco.
Our grass is starting to fill in!!

No comments: